1/30/2015

I am Definetly Back, Baby! Watch Out!

My 23rd Birthday with my besties and the niece in the belly! April 24, 2013.

Hello Lovelies!! It's been such a long time since I posted anything on my blog and on my YouTube Channel.  A year to be exact and for that I am sorry!  Isn't unbelievable how a year flies by?!  It's already 2015!  I feel so old!!!

I've missed so much blogging and the whole YouTube scene, but major events in my life during 2014 happened.  Lets just say that I had many health scares during that year.  One of the scariest one was having half a thyroidectomy because of a suspicious nodule.  Thankfully, it turned out to be completely benign and me and half of my thyroid went on our merry way! If you are wondering, I am totally fine now! 

I may have started 2014 not in the best way, but it wasn't all terrible.  During the month of July I moved to my new home (well more like an apartment).  I have never in my 23 years of life lived alone (it's a Latino thing, I guess. lol) or let alone lived in another country.  I mean it's the United States is not so dramatically different from Puerto Rico, but still is something to get used to.  Especially, when you leave the place where you have been living since you were born, family and your best friends.

I at least have an aunt here in Florida and two baby cousins (there 6 years old), but I'm not going to lie, it is not the same.  The people that I miss the most are my best friends, I believe that when you are my age those are the people that you rely the most.  I'm not undermining family, but when you are in your 20s most of your memories are made with your best pals.  Those crazy memories that you make on your youth and you get to re tale to your own family later on.

Since moving here I have had a hard time with that.  I really don't get out much or at all.  Unless it's my aunts house or work.  I know, it is sad, especially for someone as young as me.  It is not that I don't socialize with my co-workers, but is never the same.  They are just that, CO-WORKERS!!  It is annoying to me when people tell me you'll get over it.  You'll make new friends! I am just like, are you serious right now?!  It makes me wonder if these people have ever had true friends.  I have three and we've been together for a freaking decade, but don't worry you'll get over it!!

I know them since High School and we've had the best memories from our teenage years through struggling through our young adult years.  I got to tell you being an adult isn't as fun as you thought it would be when you were a teenager and sometimes you don't even feel like an adult.  That's because most of the time you don't even know what the hell you are doing and you are so afraid of screwing up because this is the real deal, this is not school.

Anyways, I think that is one of the reasons I miss them so much, because we could laugh off our I'm-an-adult-and-I can-do-whatever-I-want-even-though-I'm-screwing-up-all-the-time moments.  We could just go out, enjoy the rest of the day and make ourselves feel better.

At least I talk to them once in a while. It is kind of difficult when you are all trying to get your own life together now.  But at least I know they are still there for me and I for them.

Another thing about this move that has been making it weird for me is living alone; sometimes it is stressful.  Don't get me wrong I love living alone, it's like peace and quiet and all of this place for myself, but sometimes it's a little bit too quiet and when you are sick (How I am right now. Freaking Flu!!) you need your parents or somebody else to comfort you and make you soup (My mom makes a great soup!!).  Instead, in the flu scenario, even though you feel like a truck hit you, you need to get up bundle up, because it's 55 degrees in the morning, and go get your own medicine and chicken soup.  Not homemade, nooo, because how the hell are you even going to cook when you just want to stay in bed. Nop, instead you buy one that you can heat in the microwave and probably make you hypertensive with all of that sodium.

Even though moving to another country and going through all the struggles that I've been going through since moving here, I don't regret it.  I strongly believe that these are experiences part of growing up and make you see that being an adult isn't as easy as you thought it would be when you were a kid.  I believe that once I am older I will be laughing about the crazy sh** that I went through when I was in my early 20s and at my inexperience with the real world.

Now that we got that out of the way.  You may imagine why I haven't posted anything in a year.  I've been trying to get used to all of the craziness.  Believe me there has been a lot more than a flu and missing friends.  There is just not enough time for that.

I will be posting my first YouTube video of 2015 next week! Yay!! So keep posted for that and make sure to follow me here and subscribe to my YouTube Channel.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...